[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date index][Thread index]
Re: st: one doubt about stata 8 and 7
Rodrigo Briceno <email@example.com> asked,
> [...] in case that I can't buy the upgrade to Stata 8, which is the politic
> that STATA will take about the users like me?
Our policy is as follows:
1. We provide Technical Support for the current version of Stata and the
one prior, meaning Stata 8 and Stata 7 right now.
2 If you had Stata 6 and asked a question of Technical Support, you
would be informed of this policy and then, because you might not have
known about the policy, that one last question is answered.
3. In providing Technical Support for prior versions of Stata, we often
need additional turnaround time because reproducing the problem
can take longer.
4. If you have Stata 7 and encounter a bug that is currently fixed in
Stata 8, we tell you that the problem was fixed in Stata 8 and
suggest that you upgrade.
5. No new updates are provided to the prior releases. The last set of
updates to prior releases, however, are left on the web site. Using
Stata 6 or Stata 7, you can type -update- to bring your old copy
of Stata as up-to-date as possible.
We have been following this policy every since Stata 2.0.
* For searches and help try: