st: RE: how to get tables into publishable format

From   "Stephen McDonald" <[email protected]>
To   <[email protected]>
Subject   st: RE: how to get tables into publishable format
Date   Sat, 1 Feb 2003 14:07:10 +1030

You can also cut and paste using Shit-Ctrl-C (or the "copy table" function
in the edit menu) once you have highlighted the table. This will put
tab-delimited text into a Word document which can then be converted using
relevant command in the "Table" menu of Word (exact command depends on which
version). This works well for getting values across, but I usually need to
"pretty-up" headings etc.

Regards
Stephen McDonald
ANZDATA Registry
Adelaide South Australia

-----Original Message-----
From: [email protected]
[mailto:[email protected]]On Behalf Of Christopher W.
Ryan
Sent: Saturday, 1 February 2003 9:13
To: [email protected]
Subject: st: how to get tables into publishable format

Relatively new to Stata.  running version 8 (sometimes 7) on Win 98.

What is a good way to get tables from the results window, or a log file,
into
another piece of software used for writing research papers (eg OpenOffice,
MS
Word, Excel, etc.)?   Journal editors often (usually) want their tables in
some
particular format.  I want to copy-and-paste, not type the table over again.
And I want the table formatted nicely, with vertical lines delineating
columns;
borders, headings, etc.
Thanks.

--Chris
--
Christopher W. Ryan, MD
and Wilson Family Practice Residency

"If you want to build a ship, don't drum up the men to gather wood, divide
the
work and give orders. Instead, teach them to yearn for the vast and endless
sea."  [Antoine de St. Exupery]