st: RE: how to get tables into publishable format

From   Lee Sieswerda <[email protected]>
Subject   st: RE: how to get tables into publishable format
Date   Fri, 31 Jan 2003 17:53:34 -0500

I'd be surprised if there wasn't a FAQ on this, but the procedure is quite
easy with practice.

If you like matrices and work in LaTeX, you can use -outtable-. If you
don't, but are trying to output estimation results, you can try -outreg- and
-mktab-. If you just want to get a regular old table out of Stata, produce
the table in the Results window, then select the table, right-click, and
choose "Copy Table". This eliminates the lines puts the table data in
tab-delimited format on the clipboard from whence you can paste it anywhere
you like. Personally, I find word processors less good at accepting
tab-delimited text, but spreadsheets usually have no trouble. Once in a
spreadsheet, you can format to your heart's content.

Lee

Lee Sieswerda, Epidemiologist
Thunder Bay District Health Unit
999 Balmoral Street