st: RE: RE: scatter plot and regression line (sparl by Nick Cox)

From   "Nick Cox" <[email protected]>
To   <[email protected]>
Subject   st: RE: RE: scatter plot and regression line (sparl by Nick Cox)
Date   Thu, 30 Jan 2003 10:16:44 -0000

Wallace, John

> I've been playing with this exact package!  You can find it
> by doing a -net
> search sparl- from within Stata.
>
> Question for the author: I haven't had any luck using a
> -saving- argument
> with the graph output (I'd like to do a set of
> small-multiples with it).  Is
> there a work around?

I have had no problems with e.g.

. sparl mpg weight, saving(mygraph)

so I don't know what your difficulty is.

For small multiples, there is a -cpsparl- program
that is an analogue of -cpyxplot- on SSC.

-cpsparl- is not on SSC, but all you need to
do to get it is make the obvious edits within a
copy of -cpyxplot-.

=sparl- (which requires Stata 6) is largely but not
completely superseded by the overlay functionalities
of Stata 8, as illustrated by Nick Winter. One of the main ways
in which -sparl- differs is in a display of
the regression equation and key summary measures
on the graph.