st: Queries on graph 8

From   Fred Wolfe <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   st: Queries on graph 8
Date   Mon, 27 Jan 2003 13:42:42 -0600

Maybe Stata Corp might be able to help.

I am having the following problems. When exporting to .emf and .wmf, I get sharing violations when I try to replace. I have to save under a different name. I am pasting into MS word. Stata is open and so is MS Word. Neever had such a problem with Stata 7.

I am also having some problems with printing. To be able to print many schemes I have to use PS driver. In addition, I get much thinner lines with .eps (not acceptable) and satisfactory lines and shading with .wms.

If I just paste .gph files into word (as I was always able to do) the shading comes out black.

Printer is Lexmark Optra R+

This is kind of a time-waster. What was a simple copy graph and paste now is save to intermediate file and reconfigure printer. Worse, I think, is that I used to be able to paste into word and send colleagues a file knowing that they could print it. But if printing requires a special driver then sharing becomes quite difficult.

Any suggestions or comments about best way to print a manuscript in MS word that has a Stata 8 graphic in it?

I have one suggestion for speeding things up. If graph program did all of the syntax checking up front, one could save time. After waiting 25 seconds for a combined graph to display, I then get an error message because I did something wrong. Better to have it up front.
Thanks.

Fred Wolfe

Fred Wolfe Tel (316) 263-2125
National Data Bank for Rheumatic Diseases Fax (316) 263-0761
Wichita, Kansas [email protected]

*
* For searches and help try:
* http://www.ats.ucla.edu/stat/stata/