Re: CDC Data (was: Re: st: On choosing a stats package...)

From   "Glenn W. Harrison" <[email protected]>
To   <[email protected]>
Subject   Re: CDC Data (was: Re: st: On choosing a stats package...)
Date   Fri, 24 Jan 2003 22:09:52 -0500

    I have a DO file that reads in the 1987 NMES data sets in ASCII format,
along with variable labels, in an archive available at
http://dmsweb.moore.sc.edu/glenn/nmes/, mainly for student use. The raw data
and codebooks are there as well. This may be useful for others to access if
they want these well-known data in Stata format.

    Glenn

> Since we've changed topic from the original post, I took the liberty of
> editing the subject line. On your Q:
>
> On 1/23/03 10:06 PM, "Ed Bini" <[email protected]> wrote:
>
> > I agree with David's assessment of Stata. Stata 8 is awesome. I am an
SPSS
> > junkie too but am trying to learn Stata for large CDC surveys (NHANES,
BRFSS
> > etc). David I have a question for you. The CDC surveys are in ASCII or
SAS