st: RE: On choosing a stats package...

From   "Wallace, John" <[email protected]>
Subject   st: RE: On choosing a stats package...
Date   Thu, 23 Jan 2003 17:03:27 -0800

Hi David
My use of Stata 7 is very similar to what you're looking for.  I used it
heavily for about 4 weeks, did other things for a while, used it heavily for
about 6 weeks, went on holidays, and am presently ramping up my Stata use
once again.  Despite that, I've had no problems with the older "7"
interface.  I may upgrade at some point, but 7's working fine at the moment.
I can't offer you much in the way of comparisons with other stat packages,
but from the perspective of a non-mathematician, making scientific
presentations, developing theories from data, and using the older interface,
I'm very happy with Stata.

Good luck

John Wallace
Research Associate