st: RE:

From   "FEIVESON, ALAN H. (AL) (JSC-SD) (NASA)" <[email protected]>
Subject   st: RE:
Date   Mon, 13 Jan 2003 08:44:59 -0600

Moustafa -

 You could try -xtlogit- with house as the clustering unit. The dependent
variable would be zero or one, depending on whether an individual has
hepatitis C. The -xtlogit- command gives you a test of the null hypothesis
that the within-cluster correlation is zero. ("likelihood ratio test of
rho=0").

Al Feiveson

-----Original Message-----
From: Moustafa ElHousinie [mailto:[email protected]]
Sent: Thursday, January 09, 2003 6:49 AM
To: [email protected]

Dear Listers
I am new to stata I wish to analyse a study with it. I am analyzing the data

of a survey of hepatitis C in a village.  Tha unit of sampling is the house
(or the family living in that house), so when a house is chosen, all the
members are tested for hepatitis C antigen and viremia.  How can I prove
familial clustering of that infectious disease?  and how to adjust for that
clustering in the logistic regression? Any help from stata experts will be
appreciated and any reference will be of great value.
Thanks in advance.
Dr Mostafa El houssinie

http://join.msn.com/?page=dept/dialup