Re: st: SUR with identical equations, restrictions and tests

From   "Jonathan Beck" <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: SUR with identical equations, restrictions and tests
Date   Mon, 13 Jan 2003 12:02:05 +0100

Thanks for your reply, Christer. I guess I was not exact enough.

What I have are price and characteristics observations for many
different products, similar to the example-data of 1978 automobiles,
plus information to which of the five segments ("groups") of the
market they belong. I want to perfom a hedonic regression for every
segment, with restrictions across equations on some, but not all of
the coefficients. I thought therefore I needed to estimate some
system of related equations instead of five completely unrelated
regressions...

Interacting the variables does not seem to be an option here as I
have a lot of explanatory variables, especially (firm and other)
dummies - I already had to reduce my initial model for -matsize-
considerations.

Jonathan