RE: st: Re: tabulating and summarising

From   "Nick Cox" <[email protected]>
To   <[email protected]>
Subject   RE: st: Re: tabulating and summarising
Date   Fri, 10 Jan 2003 15:26:49 -0000

Kim Price

> I realize that the repetition is cumbersome, however I
> wanted a way to
> check each step as it was performed so I could see any problems.

> 1) Each respondent may have up to five of 26 distinct chronic
> conditions that are spread across five variables.
>
> 2) I need a way to collect the total for each of the 26 chronic
> conditions across the entire sample (so I can look at each of the
> chronic conditions independently rather than each sub set
> of responses).

I think this is matched both by my interpretation
and by Lee's, both just posted.

The "multiple response" problem here is, as
advertised recently on Statalist, the subject
of an almost drafted FAQ by Ulrich Kohler and
myself.