st: RE: variations on tabulate; formatting

From   adonlan <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   st: RE: variations on tabulate; formatting
Date   Tue, 07 Jan 2003 12:34:59 -0500

I am doing 166 cross-tabulations.

 1)  Is there a way to generate 2-way tabulations in which the frequency count
is placed adjacent to the column percent (rather than on top). (This might be
analagous to outreg, in which a second reported statistic is given in
parentheses).

 2) Is there a way to incorporate the format option into tabulate (I am using
Stata 7, but comments regarding stata 8 are not off limits).  I am aware of
tab2way and tablecol, which are useful in that they do allow the format
option, however, a drawback is that zero counts are non-reported (left blank).

  Please reply to this address in addition to the list.