Re: st: converting .sdd file to Stata

From   Elizabeth Allred <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: converting .sdd file to Stata
Date   Fri, 27 Dec 2002 15:35:58 -0500

This must be a very old SAS file. Actually, I think the suffix was .ssd
not .sdd and that this is a SAS V5 file. If you have SAS (any version),
you can read the file and save it in a newer version with a suffix like
.sas7bat which is SAS V7 or V8. Then StatTransfer (V6) would make a
Stata file for you. If you don't have access to SAS, you may be able to
locate an old version of StatTransfer (contact the StatTransfer people
at [email protected]). With an old StatTransfer you can make an old
version Stata file that can be read the current version.