st: More info on Stata 8

From   [email protected] (William Gould, StataCorp)
To   [email protected]
Subject   st: More info on Stata 8
Date   Fri, 20 Dec 2002 19:50:56 -0600

When I announced Stata 8 and upgrade pricing, I forgot to mention special
pricing for those who purchased Stata 7 in the last four months

    o  If you purchased Stata 7 in October, November, or December of 2002,
       upgrades are just the difference in purchase prices, plus shipping.

    o  If you purchased Stata 7 in September, upgrades are 50% of the
       standard upgrade price, plus shipping.

Applying those rules to the prices I gave in my last posting, results in

       Stata 8 Upgrade Prices, Stata 7 purchased in Oct., Nov., Dec., 2002
                                      Included                       non-
      From           To               Manuals         Education    Education
      SE/7           SE/8            all manuals        $120         $120

      Intercooled/7  Intercooled/8   all manuals        $100         $100

      Intercooled/7  SE/8            all manuals        $250         $350
      plus shipping

           Stata 8 Upgrade Prices, Stata 7 purchased in September, 2002
                                      Included                       non-
      From           To               Manuals         Education    Education
      SE/7           SE/8            all manuals        $212.50      $247.50

      Intercooled/7  Intercooled/8   all manuals        $212.50      $247.50

      Intercooled/7  SE/8            all manuals        $284.50      $372.50
      plus shipping

Upgrading Stat/Transfer, if purchased with Stata 7 in October, November, and
December, is free; and $39/education, $65/non-education if purchased in
September.

If you purchased Stata 7 in the last four months, call or email so that we can
confirm the price.  Even if you do order over the web, we will extend to you
the lowest price.

-- Bill