st: RE: gologit

From   "Alexander Tsai" <[email protected]>
To   <[email protected]>
Subject   st: RE: gologit
Date   Fri, 13 Dec 2002 17:38:00 -0500

Hi Hana,

Scott Merryman posted a helpful response last week, so I'm just going to cut
and past here:

-----Original Message-----
From: Scott Merryman
Sent: Wednesday, December 04, 2002 7:41 PM
To: [email protected]
Subject: st: Re: gologit

According to Vincent Kang Fu's website
(http://www.bol.ucla.edu/~vfu/gologitfaq.html) :

1. Why doesn't this command work under Stata 7?
Many people have reported the following error when trying to run -gologit-
under
Stata 7.

. gologit
gologit: ado-file does not define command
r(162);

Changes to Stata's internal code in version 7 no longer allow -gologit- to
run.
To use -gologit- under Stata 7, you need to replace the file gologit.ado on
your
computer with a new one. There is an updated version of -gologit- on the
Boston
College IDEAS Statistical Software Components website. To install the
update,
run the following command from within Stata:

. net install http://fmwww.bc.edu/RePEc/bocode/g/gologit, replace
checking gologit consistency and verifying not already installed...

the following files will be replaced:
    c:\ado\stbplus\g\gologit.ado
    c:\ado\stbplus\g\goll.ado
    c:\ado\stbplus\g\gologit.hlp