st: RE: RE: keyplot

From   "Nick Cox" <[email protected]>
To   <[email protected]>
Subject   st: RE: RE: keyplot
Date   Fri, 13 Dec 2002 17:24:05 -0000

Stacey Pelika

> > I'm trying to use keyplot to allow me to have more than four
> > keys in the
> > legend (I'm graphing seven variables). No matter what I try,
> > I can only
> > get three variable keys to show up. For example, when I use:
> >
> > keyplot strrep weakrep leanrep indep leandem weakdem
> strdem response,
> > xlab ylab border varlbl row(3000 4000 5000 6000 7000 8000 9000)
> > col(6000) c(l[l]l[_]l[-]l[.]l[-]l[_]l[l]) s(TTTxSSS)
> > yscale(0,1) b2("NES
> > Response ('Much Worse' to 'Much Better')")
> l2("Probability of Vote for
> > Incumbent Republican")
> >
> > I get a nicely placed legend with three variables in it,
> not seven,
> > making it even less complete than using graph (with which
> I get four
> > variables).
> >
> > Also, is there any way to get the key to show not only
> the symbol but
> > the line style? I'm using the same symbol for two
> different sets of
> > variables but with different line styles.

Nick Winter

> The problem appears to be that -keyplot- does not support the graph
> symbol "x".
>
> You should note that in the results window, you are getting a r(812)
> error message -- this is the internal graphing routine
> complaining about
> an illegal call to -gph-.  The fine author of keyplot
> should be able to
> fix this problem straight away; but in the mean time you
> can work around
> by using different symbols.

Nick is correct.

The -sy(x)- problem was fixed in version 2.1.3 of 30 April
2001.

However, it seems that the author never posted
the revised version to SSC...

Sorry, but within-key line styles have not been implemented.
-keyplot- is in essence a version 6 program. I
stopped adding features to it about 2 years ago.

Feel free to copy the program, say to -keyplot2-,
and to write your own extensions.