st: RE: continuous dependent variable with lots of zeros

From   "Giovanni Vecchi" <[email protected]>
To   <[email protected]>
Subject   st: RE: continuous dependent variable with lots of zeros
Date   Fri, 29 Nov 2002 16:01:51 +0100

Have you checked the tobit model?

See Ch. 20 in Greene's textbook (I am referring to the 4th edition).
A simple introduction to tobit models can also be found in Wooldridge's
"Introductory Econometrics", ch. 17 (2nd edition).

Hope it helps.

Giovanni

Giovanni VECCHI
Dipartimento di Economia e Istituzioni