RE: st: STATA Vs. SAS

From   Richard Herrell <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   RE: st: STATA Vs. SAS
Date   Wed, 27 Nov 2002 14:12:10 -0600 (CST)

On Wed, 27 Nov 2002, Nick Winter wrote:

> [...]

Yes, that's what I meant.  In my simple example, using the Stata
alternative isn't such a problem, but often I want to apply a subcondition
to only some values.  So, e.g.,

if x=0 then y=1;
else if 1 < x < 10 then do;
  <other sas commands>;
end;
else if 11 < x < 20 then do;
  <other sas commands>;
end;

It's difficult and tedious to have to write the multiple levels of
conditions if the program is going to evaluate every if statement.