Re: st: STATA Vs. SAS

From   Ronan Conroy <[email protected]>
To   "statalist hsphsun2.harvard.edu" <[email protected]>
Subject   Re: st: STATA Vs. SAS
Date   Wed, 27 Nov 2002 16:17:26 +0000

on 27/11/2002 3:56 pm, She, Dewei at [email protected] wrote:

> My boss ask to evaluate STATA and SAS and make a recommendation. Since I am
> new to stata, can someone help me?

It's hardly possible to say anything unless you give us some idea of what
you intend using the package for.

Except that, on the price front, you are going to have to learn to use SAS
with your remaining arm and leg. Stata is, to my mind, amazingly cheap.

To my mind the question is 'what should we be getting to complement Stata?'.
My own tastes run to EDA packages - I currently pre--process data on JMP but
do most of the analysis in Stata. Others, concerned with graphics, might
plum for SPlus or R.

Ronan M Conroy ([email protected])
Lecturer in Biostatistics
Royal College of Surgeons