st: results are coming very slow

From   [email protected]
To   [email protected]
Subject   st: results are coming very slow
Date   Tue, 26 Nov 2002 20:11:49 -0500 (EST)

Hi,

I just installed Stata 7.0 for Windows in a pentium IV computer with 4 GIG
of RAM and, to my surprise, the program is now running really slow.
Besides Stata, another program called N5 was the only one having the same
problem, which was solved upgrading it to the next version. According to
the vendor, N5 (which is a program for qualitative analysis) couldn't
handle computers with more than 1GIG.

Is anybody working on computers with similar RAM capabilities running into
similar problems in Stata. I contacted Stata support, but they never got
back to me with an answer to the problem.

thanks,

Rick

Ricardo Pietrobon, MD
Assistant Professor of Surgery