st: Time Interaction with xtgee

From   Mike Schmader <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   st: Time Interaction with xtgee
Date   Mon, 18 Nov 2002 13:25:38 -0800 (PST)

Dear listers,

I am trying to analyze panel data using the xtgee
command.  My initial model is as follows:

iis DDS_ID (Dentist ID)
tis time (t= 0, 1, 2, 3)
xtgee depvar gender classification, fam(gaussian)
corr(unstr)

The "time" variable corresponds to baseline, 3 months,
6 months and 12 months post introduction of
educational seminars.
The "classification" variable corresponds to the level
of education (e.g., no education, mid level education,
in depth education).

Since I expect a change in the depvar from t=0
(baseline)to the individual timepoints, should I
include the time variable in the model, in addition to
setting it in the "tis" command?.  Also, how would I
test for interaction between the "classification" and
"time" if I do not include "time" in the model?

Thanks for any help.

Mike

Michael Gregory Schmader, M.S.
Graduate Student