st: FISHER

From   "Kieran McCaul" <[email protected]>
To   "Statalist" <[email protected]>
Subject   st: FISHER
Date   Mon, 18 Nov 2002 15:50:35 +0800

Hi everyone,

There is a program called FISHER that some people in my department used a
few years ago for an analysis.  They now want to do a similar data analysis,
but have asked me if Stata will do what FISHER does.

The description of FISHER from the web is:

FISHER is a Fortran 77 program for the genetic analysis of classical
biometric traits like blood pressure or height that are caused by a
combination of polygenic inheritance and complex environmental forces.

Has anyone written anything for Stata that will do this?

Thanks for your help (if any)

Kieran

Kieran McCaul
School of Population Health
University of Western Australia
35 Stirling Hwy
Crawley, 6009
Australia
Phone:-61-8-9380-1274
Mobile: 0403-00-33-82
Fax:	-61-8-9380-1188
email:[email protected]
      [email protected]
web:	http://www.publichealth.uwa.edu.au/

IMPORTANT: This email is intended for the use of the individual
addressee(s) named above and may contain information that is
confidential, privileged or unsuitable for overly sensitive
persons with low self-esteem, no sense of humour or irrational
religious beliefs. If you are not the intended recipient, any
dissemination, distribution or copying of this email is not
authorised (either explicitly or implicitly) and constitutes an
irritating social faux pas.

CRICOS provider code (00126G)