st: RE: UK 8 & competing risks

From   "Nick Cox" <[email protected]>
To   <[email protected]>
Subject   st: RE: UK 8 & competing risks
Date   Thu, 14 Nov 2002 21:05:03 -0000

[email protected]

> How can I get the presentation materials for  "Applying the Cox
> proportional hazard regression model to competing risks" by
> Mohamed Ali
> (Department of Epidemiology and Public Health, London
> School of Hygiene and
> Tropical Medicine) and  Abdel Babiker (MRC Clinical Trials
> Unit, London)
> that was presented at the 8th UK Stata User Group meeting?
>
> I already did the following searches:
>       findit competing
>       findit babiker
>       findit mohamed
> and came up with no relevant hits.

This request should perhaps have gone
direct to the people concerned, but
for the record the presenter was unable to be present
for very good reasons,
being stranded in Switzerland by an air flight fiasco
of some kind when he should have been in
London, or so I recall.

More generally, a users' meeting is just that,
a meeting in a place at a time when users talk.
There is no compulsion to make material available
for others who do not attend: many authors do that,
but there is no rule.

I suggest that you write to [email protected]
privately to see if he has e.g. code to share.