st: RE: Re: cleaning panel data

From   "Smit Consult" <[email protected]>
To   <[email protected]>
Subject   st: RE: Re: cleaning panel data
Date   Wed, 13 Nov 2002 14:10:14 +0100

Dear Stata user,

A user in the Netherlands came with the following question:

 At this moment I'm busy with a project in  which the following two
variables are modeled:

- consumer is buying (1) or not buying (0) in a certain period in a certain
product category
- amount spend by a consumer in a certain period in a certain product
category

I'm modelling this with random effects probit and tobit models for
paneldata. I want to estimate different kind of these models and compare
them. Is it possible with stata to estimate:

- static random effects tobit and probit model
- dynamic random effects tobit and probit model with exogeneous initial
equation
- dynamic random effects tobit and probit model with a static tobit
respectively probit equation for the initial period
- dynamic correlated random effects tobit and probit model with a static
tobit respectively probit equation for the initial period

 I have already seen that the static models belongs to the standard
software,
 but how about the other models. Is it possible with Stata to estimate these
 models. If so, do I have to program these models by myself?
 I hope you can answer my questions. It would help me a lot.

Looking for a solution.

Kind regards,

Jan Smit