st: RE: update

From   "Nick Winter" <[email protected]>
To   <[email protected]>
Subject   st: RE: update
Date   Tue, 5 Nov 2002 10:55:44 -0500

Update the copy of Stata 7 on your laptop.  (NOTE: This is different from upGRADEing to Stata/SE -- you just need to get the latest (free) updated version of plain vanilla Stata 7 from StataCorp.)  This updated version knows how to read datasets from Stata/SE.

Note, by the way, that variable names longer than 8 characters are OK in all versions of Stata 7, not just SE.

If you have string variables wider than 80 characters, then you will need to drop or shorten those before you can use the dataset in Intercooled Stata 7.

See -help SpecialEdition- for more information.

--Nick Winter