st: RE: RE: RE: RE: RE: suggestion for Stata 8: value labels for string variables

From   "Nick Winter" <[email protected]>
To   <[email protected]>
Subject   st: RE: RE: RE: RE: RE: suggestion for Stata 8: value labels for string variables
Date   Fri, 25 Oct 2002 13:18:39 -0400

Perhaps a way to get back the memory would be to -encode- the long
"label" variable.  If you do that in the data set of codes and labels,
then there will be a consistent encoding that will come along each time
you merge the labels into a dataset.

--Nick

 Nicholas Winter, Ph.D.                     P 202.939.5343
 Policy Studies Associates                  F 202.939.5732
 1718 Connecticut Avenue, NW     [email protected]
 Washington, DC 20009-1148           www.policystudies.com