Re: st: SAS to Stata

From   Ted Anagnoson <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: SAS to Stata
Date   Sun, 20 Oct 2002 21:02:35 -0700

Jun,

insheet, infile and infix are all for raw data. Once your data are in SAS format, you can:

1. convert it to Stata directly with Stat/Transfer or dbms/Copy or ? Then you run Stata commands on the Stata data set.
2. Output raw data in comma delimited format or tab delimited format -- then use insheet, infile, or infix. But you would have to input variable and value labels, missing data, all that -- all over again. Then you have a Stata data set and you run Stata commands on it.

Hope this helps.

Ted Anagnoson
Political Science
California State Univ., Los Angeles