st: RE: bold

From   "Nick Winter" <[email protected]>
To   <[email protected]>
Subject   st: RE: bold
Date   Thu, 17 Oct 2002 08:33:40 -0400

The do-file editor under Windows seems to have some problems with fonts.
I've written to technical support about this and they have acknowledged
that it is a problem.  As I have observed it, the window takes on the
font attributes of text that is pasted into it, so if you paste
something from MS Word, for example, that is formatted as bold italic
Olde Englishe, then these formats will over-ride the default font set
via Edit-Preferences.

Edit-Preferences will reset the face and size of the font, but not the
bold or italic characteristics.  Sometimes it works to delete everything
in the window, and then paste in some text that is NOT bold and NOT
italic.

The behavior seems somewhat inconsistent, which is to say I haven't
induced fully the nature of the problem.

--Nick Winter

 Nicholas Winter, Ph.D.                     P 202.939.5343
 Policy Studies Associates                  F 202.939.5732
 1718 Connecticut Avenue, NW     [email protected]
 Washington, DC 20009-1148           www.policystudies.com