st: Anyone managing to merge DHS datasets using Stata?

From   "Shapiro, Carrie" <[email protected]>
To   <[email protected]>
Subject   st: Anyone managing to merge DHS datasets using Stata?
Date   Wed, 16 Oct 2002 10:18:03 -0500

Make sure you check out the DHS Recode Manual and the Frequently Asked Questions at the DHS website mentioned by Hendro at http://www.measuredhs.com .  I am analyzing DHS datasets from Paraguay and Bolivia and have found this the most useful before posting a question to the people at DHS.  In my experience, it has taken several weeks to get a response from DHS.  The Recode Manual should explain which variables are available in each file.  I also found it easiest to use the rectangular files (as opposed to the flat or heirarchal file types) for bringing data into Stata.

Carrie K. Shapiro-Mendoza, MPH
PhD Candidate in Epidemiology
Research Associate
UT-Houston School of Public Health