st: RE: RE: http://repec.org/docs/ssc.php

From   "Nick Cox" <[email protected]>
To   <[email protected]>
Subject   st: RE: RE: http://repec.org/docs/ssc.php
Date   Wed, 16 Oct 2002 15:48:24 +0100

Scott R. Millis

> Two questions:
>
> (1) In Stata 7, when I issue the following command: findit glmcorr,
> Stata is unable to locate this ado file at
> http://repec.org/docs/ssc.php. Why?
>
> (2) When I directly download glmcorr.ado and glmcorr.hlp, from this
> website, the help file has unusual fomatting when viewed
> within Stata. Why?

How to download stuff from SSC
==============================

1. If you know what you want, the best way is to use -ssc-.
Why best? (a) Stata understands Stata files. (b) Simple
syntax optimised for this purpose.

. ssc inst glmcorr

Installation works fine for me when I try it.
The files are there and OK.

2. If you don't know exactly what you want,
use -findit-. I confirm that

. findit glmcorr

doesn't find the beast in question.
I'll copy this to Kit Baum to check.

3. Using your browser. A bad idea unless
you have no other way. Your other software may
not understand (e.g.) .hlp files
as Stata does.