st: Anyone managing to merge DHS datasets using Stata?

From   "J Skordis" <[email protected]>
To   <[email protected]>
Subject   st: Anyone managing to merge DHS datasets using Stata?
Date   Tue, 15 Oct 2002 11:48:23 +0200

Hi,

I am working with the South African Demographic and Health Survey in
Stata.  The dataset is broken into various files which I need to merge -
the only problem is that merging by hhid and pcode won't work as they
haven't put an hhid in every file.  Instead, some files have a caseid
which can be constructed in one of two ways and I cannot tell which way
they created it because I cannot merge the files!!  Catch 22.

Anyone working on this (or other) DHS dataset(s) who has found a way
around this problem, please let me know.

Thanks
Jolene

Jolene Skordis Worrall
Centre for Social Science Research