Re: st: Bootstrapping from panel data

From   anirban basu <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: Bootstrapping from panel data
Date   Sun, 13 Oct 2002 18:45:07 -0500 (CDT)

Hi,
I think you can use bootstrapping by clusters. So if you have a firm id
that is same for all T time periods, then you can use

bsample #, cluster(firm_id)

where # = n< N. This will pick up the entire time series for any firm and
will resample firms with replacement.

Anirban

ANIRBAN BASU
Doctoral Student