Re: st: how to make xi dummies inherit labels

From   Roger Harbord <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: how to make xi dummies inherit labels
Date   Fri, 04 Oct 2002 09:57:29 +0100

If version 1.1.3 is available from sealedenvelope.com there's something wrong with the way it's interfacing with -net- :

__________Stata output starts______________________________________
. about

Stata/SE 7.0 for Windows 98/95/NT
Born 11 June 2002
Copyright (C) 1985-2002

Total physical memory: 261668 KB
Available physical memory: 140656 KB
<snip>

. which reformat
c:\ado\stbplus\reformat.ado
*! version 1.0.2 9mar00 arb
*! Reformats the output from regression commands

. net from http://www.sealedenvelope.com
http://www.sealedenvelope.com/
Programs from Sealed Envelope Ltd

These programs are provided by Sealed Envelope Ltd.
For more details on their use visit www.sealedenvelope.com

PACKAGES you could -net describe-:
reformat Reformat regression output
xtab Tabulate longitudinal data
xfill Fill in static variables in longitudinal data
xcount Count longitudinal data

. net install reformat
checking reformat consistency and verifying not already installed...
all files already exist and are up-to-date.

. which reformat
c:\ado\stbplus\reformat.ado
*! version 1.0.2 9mar00 arb
*! Reformats the output from regression commands

So I still have version 1.0.2! I originally installed this from SSC I think. I don't know how -net- decides that my files are up-to-date.

Also the only source for -reformat- picked up by -net search reformat- (which I usually access via the 'Help' menu) is the SSC version at http://fmwww.bc.edu/RePEc/bocode/r. I'm too new to Stata and Statalist to fully understand the protocol here, but maybe either Tony needs to register his site somehow so it's found by -net search-, or send the latest version of -reformat- to the SSC??

I'm finding the whole business of making sure you've got the latest version of user-written packages is starting to irritate me just at the moment.. So apologies if the above was a bit curt. I do appreciate the work put in by Tony Brady on -reformat-, John Hendrickx on -outreg- and all the other people who write programs and make them available to the wider Stata community.

Roger.
Roger Harbord mailto:[email protected]
Department of Social Medicine, University of Bristol