RE: st: how to make xi dummies inherit labels

From   "Nick Cox" <[email protected]>
To   <[email protected]>
Subject   RE: st: how to make xi dummies inherit labels
Date   Thu, 3 Oct 2002 16:16:41 +0100

Roger Harbord

> Still seem to have this weird speed problem though.

< snip >

> I've been meaning to post something on  that for a while
> but I haven't got
> time to properly document the problem at the moment..  Just
> to illustrate
> that the problem may be more general than -desmat- and
> could lie in deeper
> in the internal workings of stata.

There is advice on speed in the FAQs.

I don't see what OS you are using.
You may have said elsewhere.
Let me guess Windows.

In essence, Stata for Windows
will go very fast when memory
is no problem and very very slow
when it is a problem.

I'm afraid that apart from getting
more memory, cutting the data
set is an option to be considered.
Even

. compress

may help. But, as said, look at the FAQs,
which say much more.