st: posting on behalf of Jill Huppert

From   baum <[email protected]>
To   StataList <[email protected]>
Subject   st: posting on behalf of Jill Huppert
Date   Thu, 03 Oct 2002 10:37:05 -0400

Hi, Statlisters.
I hope you can help.
I have been exploring a publically avail dataset (NHAMCS), which includes all weighting variables, and their documentation says I should be able to get accurate estimates and SE using STATA.
However, my statistical colleague uses SUDAAN. I have been able to match her point estimates, but not SE.
We discovered that she uses many more weighting variables in SUDAAN than STATA requires.

So my command looks like:

svydes:
pweight: patwt
strata:stratm1
PSU: psum

xi: svylogit outcome var1 var 2 i.var1*var2 patwt, str(stratm1) psu(psum)sub(sample) or

Wheras in SUDAAN, Jane uses all of the following:
stratm psum subfile prostrat su poppsum popsu popvism popprovm
( and sets levels)

Am I missing the finite pop ct variable? (fpc)
Anyone else use STATA for NHAMCS?

Can Stata handle interaction terms in svy data?

Many thanks.
Jill Huppert

Christopher F Baum, Boston College Economics, Chestnut Hill MA 02467 USA
[email protected] http://fmwww.bc.edu/ec-v/baum.fac.html
*
* For searches and help try:
* http://www.ats.ucla.edu/stat/stata/