st: Keeping track of goodies

From   Dick Campbell <[email protected]>
To   "statalist-hsphsun2.harvard.edu" <[email protected]>
Subject   st: Keeping track of goodies
Date   Tue, 24 Sep 2002 09:37:06 -0500

Over the past year I have read this list assiduously, and
almost every day find some new user-written routine that I
just have to have. Its free, and mostly just a click away.
The problem, of course, is that when it comes time to use
the stuff I can't remember what I have! Sometimes I forget
that I have actually obtained something that will solve a
particular problem (e.g. I forgot that I had acquired mmerge)
and sometimes I know it but can't remember the name.

I suspect that the answer to this is in understanding the structure
of the various folders containing ADO's, but I wonder if there is
a system for automatically logging one's changes to STATA. I
would find a .ado that tells me what I have done to stata in the
last x months to be extremely helpful. Unfortunately, I am still
way to new to stata to attempt such a thing myself.

Richard T. Campbell
Professor of Sociology
University of Illinois at Chicago
Phone:          312/413-3759