st: constraints in survey regression

From   baum <[email protected]>
To   StataList <[email protected]>
Subject   st: constraints in survey regression
Date   Wed, 18 Sep 2002 07:53:12 -0400

---------- Forwarded Message ----------
Date: Wednesday, September 18, 2002 9:51 -0700
From: mili <[email protected]>
To: christopher baum <[email protected]>
Subject: query again

Hello Sir,
I did try to post my question on to the statlist but was unable to do so.
Since you have answered the last question on the list for constrained
regression, maybe you could help me with this as well. So here goes....  I
have a dataset of 30000 household survey observations. It includes weights
according to provinces etc. and prices. I want to estimate the price
elasticity for different commodity groups. Now I have to put some
constraints on the estimates coefficients. I want to know whether we have a
command wherein we can include the constraints and then run the survey
regression since that automatically solves the problem of weights. (We do
have the cnsreg for simple estimation but I want to do constrained
regression with survey data.)  Simply put do we have a constraint option
for survey regression?
Thanking you,
Mili Gupta.

Christopher F Baum, Boston College Economics, Chestnut Hill MA 02467 USA
[email protected]                       http://fmwww.bc.edu/ec-v/baum.fac.html