st: RE: problems starting xstata

From   Gene Fisher <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   st: RE: problems starting xstata
Date   Tue, 17 Sep 2002 10:30:34 -0400

I've had this problem too.  Are you using the Gnome desktop?  There is a
.gtkrc file in your home directory.  Try moving it to .gtkrc.SAV (mv .gtkrc
.gtkrc.SAV) and then xstata may start.  If other programs don't work, you
may have to move .gtkrc.SAV back to .gtkrc.

Gene A. Fisher
Department of  Sociology
University of Massachusetts
200 Hicks Way
Amherst, MA 01003-9277
Phone: (413) 545-4056
Fax: (413) 545-3204
email: [email protected]

-----Original Message-----
From: [email protected]
[mailto:[email protected]]On Behalf Of Petra Wallem
Sent: Tuesday, September 17, 2002 10:10 AM
To: [email protected]
Subject: st: problems starting xstata

Hi every body, my name is Petra, nice to meet you... Well I just bought
STATA
and installed it yesterday... buuuuut I can't start the xstata command. The
issue is that I am completely new to Linux to... so the manual sais
something
of including the /usr/local/stata in my path, but they don't explain how to
do that... can any body help me, so I can starta the GUI. With the console
stata is no problem y wirte /usr/local/stata/stata and it starts and it
tells
me that the stata installation is good installed, but I jsut can't start the
xstata command...
Thanks a lot
Petra