st: RE: implications for studying cohorts...

From   "Sayer, Bryan" <[email protected]>
Subject   st: RE: implications for studying cohorts...
Date   Fri, 13 Sep 2002 09:36:57 -0400

That is one strategy, though I don't know if it is the one Stata uses.  But
if you find out, I would like to know also.  The important information is
the strata and PSU values.  They need to be present for the whole sample.

Bryan Sayer
Statistician, SSS Inc.
[email protected]

-----Original Message-----
From: Donna Vallone [mailto:[email protected]]
Sent: Thursday, September 12, 2002 4:41 PM
To: statalist
Subject: st: implications for studying cohorts...

I'm analyzing a cohort of healthy individuals over time to predict
health outcomes.  I've set the sampling weights provided by the survey
designers, but am wondering what the implications are for the sampling
weights when using the subpop command.  Are sample weights changed to
zero for the remainder of the sample not included within the
subpopulation?  Any information would be appreciated.

Thanks.