st: Problem with log begin

From   Jean Bouyer <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   st: Problem with log begin
Date   Sun, 1 Sep 2002 22:58:02 +0200

I use Stata 7SE on a Mac. I have a difficulty with the command "log begin" in the tool bar when the name of a directory includes letters with accent.

For instance, the name of one of my directories is ":Macintosh_HD:Recherche:GEU/Fertilit�:Article fertilit� JGOBR 2002:fertil.dta"

When I prompt "log begin", and choose the preceding directory, Stata answers :
. log using ":macintosh_hd:recherche:geu/fertilit:article fertilit jgobr 2002:untitled.smcl"
You can notice that letters with accent have disappeared (capital letters have also been changed in small ones).

This results thus in an error message :

file :macintosh_hd:recherche:geu/fertilit:article fertilit jgobr 2002:untitled.smcl could not be opened
r(603);

This problem does not occur when I prompt the "Do" command in the tool bar. For instance, when I choose a do file in the same directory as before, Stata answers correctly :
. do ":Macintosh_HD:Recherche:GEU/Fertilit�:Article fertilit� JGOBR 2002:calculs.do"

Thanks for your help

Jean BOUYER
INSERM U 569, HOPITAL DE BICETRE, 82 RUE DU GENERAL LECLERC
94276 LE KREMLIN-BICETRE CEDEX - FRANCE
* For searches and help try:
* http://www.ats.ucla.edu/stat/stata/