st: RE: bugs?

From   "Nick Cox" <[email protected]>
To   <[email protected]>
Subject   st: RE: bugs?
Date   Fri, 26 Jul 2002 08:54:54 +0100

Ali Mehryar Karim

> I have encountered a bug with the score command (after
> factor analysis). I was working on Stata for a while, then, later in
the day
> encountered that I cannot produce the same coefficients
> from a regression done earlier. Then I started fishing :- found that
one of
> my independent variable that was created with the score command
(after factor
> analysis) was causing this problem - the score command (for
> creating a scale) was not replicating its previous results. Then, I
> restarted Stata and  the problem was solved. About a month ago I was
facing
> problems with the 'table' command (that also went away after I
restart
> the program). I thought I should report this, and ask if anyone else
has
> come up with any other bugs that we should know of.

To look at this, and indeed any other report
of a suspected bug, Stata Technical Support
would want to see a log of your different
results and, very likely, a copy of your data set. Otherwise
there is no starting place beyond the notion
that you got puzzling results and you think
that -score- is responsible.

For more details, see the FAQ

http://www.stata.com/support/faqs/techsup/sendout.html