st: Italian keyboards

From   Michael Hills <[email protected]>
To   stata list <[email protected]>
Subject   st: Italian keyboards
Date   Mon, 15 Jul 2002 13:29:54 +0100

I have just returned from Italy where I discovered that Italian
keyboards lack the left single quote ` and the left and right curly
barckets{ }. At one time this would only have affected people writing
programs, but recent developments in Stata have changed this. Italian
users must have discovered something better than typing the excape
code each time, and I appeal to them for advice.

I did check the FAQ's but I may have missed something. The problem
must exist in all countries where some keys are devoted to accented
letters, leaving fewer for special characters.

--
Michael Hills