Re: st: display color

From   [email protected]
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: display color
Date   Sat, 13 Jul 2002 13:26:40 -0500

Jun Xu <[email protected]> asks:

> I am writing an ado file and I don't know why when I want to display
> anything in blue:
> di _n(1)  _s(3) in blue "whatever I want"
> in Stata 7 SE, it always comes up with green.  Puzzled.  Other colors seem
> not to have this problem (white, green, yellow, red).  Any input?  Thanks
> before hand.

In Stata 7 (Intercooled or SE) the only way to get a blue color
is by doing something that allows clicking.  For instance in a
smcl display you might have "... {help regress} ..." and the word
"regress" would be in blue and clickable.

It was decided that it was very important for blue == clickable
and clickable == blue in all cases (no exceptions).  The only
reason that -display in blue ...- still works in Stata 7 is for
backwards compatibility.  Old code still works, but instead of
displaying blue it will use green.  We felt that this was better
than causing the code to break.

Ken Higbee    [email protected]
StataCorp     1-800-STATAPC