st: How can I compute a change in F-statistic using weighted data and "ologit"?

From   "Jennifer van Stelle" <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   st: How can I compute a change in F-statistic using weighted data and "ologit"?
Date   Wed, 10 Jul 2002 03:52:36 +0000

Hi -

I'm a relatively new Stata user, and have never posted to this list before. I've checked the FAQ, however, and don't see an answer to my problem, so I thought I'd post it here and hope for a response.

I'm using Stata 7.0 for UNIX, and am doing ordered logit models with survey data, using probability weights and primary sampling unit clustering (data is for individuals in 28 different countries). Because I'm doing several different models (i.e., Model One with just the control variables, then Model Two with the controls plus a subset of independent variables, and finally Model Three with the controls and all the independent variables), I'd like to be able to tell whether each model is a significant improvement on the previous one. I've been warned about what I should NOT to do (that is, don't simply subtract the F-statistic of Model One from Model Two, or Model Two from Model Three), but no one has been able to explain to me what I SHOULD do in order to calculate change in F in this particular situation. Can anyone tell me how to do this?

Any help will be gratefully accepted!

Thanks.

- Jen

* For searches and help try: