st: Panel Probit Models

From   Hema Swaminathan <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   st: Panel Probit Models
Date   Mon, 08 Jul 2002 09:10:22 -0400

Hi all,

I need to estimate a panel probit model using probability weights (pweights) -- xtprobit allows the use of pweights only with the use of the population-averaged model. I dont know much about the model and its difference from the random effects probit -- can anyone suggest any references / explanations? Thanks!

I have an endogenous variable, also 0/1 in the probit model -- with cross-section data the endogeneity can be handled adequately by bivariate probit. Any ideas on how to correct for this in panel data? I'd be very grateful if anyone has a program that implements this correction in the panel and is willing to share it.

Thanks very much in anticipation.

Regards,
Hema

*