RE: st: stubwidth in svytab

From   Lee Sieswerda <[email protected]>
Subject   RE: st: stubwidth in svytab
Date   Fri, 21 Jun 2002 17:41:13 -0400

To close off this thread that I started on June 6, here was the result:
- Nick Winter came up with a solution to adding four new options, including
a stubwidth() option, to -svytab-, which solved the problem I initially
wrote to Statalist about;
- Nick W.'s solution was passed on to Jeff Pitblado at StataCorp;
- as of the latest update (June 21, 2002), -svytab- is now officially
upgraded to include three new options: cellwidth(), csepwidth(), and
stubwidth().

This makes a good case study for those who wonder why Stata users love
Stata:
Time from first posting on Statalist to working user-written solution: 1 day
Time from working solution to (free) official upgrade of software: 2 weeks

It doesn't get much better than that. Thanks to Nick W. for his work, and to
StataCorp for, once again, being the most responsive statistical software
company on the planet.

Best,

Lee Sieswerda, Epidemiologist
Thunder Bay District Health Unit