st: how to prevent wrapping of text?

From   [email protected]
To   [email protected]
Subject   st: how to prevent wrapping of text?
Date   Fri, 21 Jun 2002 12:42:02 -0400

Hi,

I am using Stata 7 and wanted to know if there is a way to prevent text
from wrapping when I am using the list command.  As a default, if I list
more than about 6 variables, the text will wrap both on the screen and in
the log file.  I have played with the set linesize command, but it does not
seem to work well.  I can get the size to become NARROWER, but not wider.
Also, it is not always clear whether this is just effecting the view on the
screen or on the log file or both.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Brian

I am not currently signed up to the listserve, so I would greatly
appreciate if people could respond directly to me as well as to the
listserve.

Brian A. Jacob
Assistant Professor
John F. Kennedy School of Government