Re: st: OLS regression versus survival analysis

From   Dr Murray Finkelstein <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: OLS regression versus survival analysis
Date   Wed, 12 Jun 2002 11:53:59 -0400

THe fundamental problem, as I understand it, is with the distribution of the time to event. In most situations, after you fit an OLS model, the residuals will not be normally distributed. Hypothesis testing and coinfidence intervals will thus not be valid.  This is the rationale
for using survival models.