st: stata in batch?

From   Traci A Schlesinger <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   st: stata in batch?
Date   Tue, 11 Jun 2002 11:26:57 -0400

hi everyone!
i am trying to run stata on unix in batch mode, and it seems not to be
working.  if i enter:

stata -s do fe

where fe is the name of the do file i am trying to run, i get the next
prompt, but then when i check "ps" or "top" my job isn't there.  also,
the log file isn't being written to my h drive.

alternatively, if i try to run the job in the background by typing

stata -b do fe &

where fe is the name of the do file i am trying to run, i get the
following output:
[1] 4570
tucson.Princeton.EDU%
[1]    Done                 stata -s do fe\

and still, i can't find the job anywhere, or the output from the job.

in the do-file, i specify the directory, set the memory, and open the
file to be used.  does anyone know what i am doing wrong?

thanks in advance for any advice you can offer!
traci