st: has anyone used TDA?

From   Pamela Meadows <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   st: has anyone used TDA?
Date   Fri, 7 Jun 2002 16:48:56 +0100 (BST)

Dear listers
I have a dataset which includes work history which is
constructed as a TDA database file and which is only
supplied in this format.  It is possible to download
TDA from the Max Planck Institute in Berlin, but
having looked at the website I found it quite hard to
work out what I was going to have to do, especially as
for the piece of research I am working on I only want
some limited information from the survey about
childcare use, and do not want to analyse the work
history.  Has anyone used TDA? Can it be made to
produce files in a format I could read into Stata? Any
advice gratefully received.

Pam Meadows