st: RE: Two level fixed effect with Newey-West standard errors

Subject   st: RE: Two level fixed effect with Newey-West standard errors
Date   Wed, 4 Dec 2013 14:47:35 +0000

Mohamad,

-xtivreg2- supports only 1-way fixed effects, so I am not sure how you are doing this.  Are you including dummies for the date FEs and letting -xtivreg2- handle the company FEs?

In any case, you might be able to speed things up by partialling out the date and company FEs by hand (i.e., transform your data by 2-level demeaning), and then just use -ivreg2-.  Depending on your choice of covariance estimator, you might have to adjust the variance/SEs by hand afterwards for the loss of degrees of freedom from the FEs, but that's not too hard.

HTH,
Mark

> Thanks,
> Mohamad Mahmoud

-----
Sunday Times Scottish University of the Year 2011-2013
Top in the UK for student experience
Fourth university in the UK and top in Scotland (National Student Survey 2012)

We invite research leaders and ambitious early career researchers to
join us in leading and driving research in key inter-disciplinary themes.
Please see www.hw.ac.uk/researchleaders for further information and how
to apply.

registered under charity number SC000278.